Why is Local SEO in Nashville so important? Why do I need to show up on Google when all of my business is local?
The reality is that Google publicly and intentionally favors local businesses over national brands. The trick is to show up on Google searches. This is the reason why your business needs local SEO services in Nashville.
- “97% of consumers looked online for local businesses in 2017, with 12% looking for a local business online every day”
- “50% of people who did a local search on their phone went to a physical store within one day.”
- “78% of local-based searches on a mobile device end in purchases being made offline.”
How Amazon Impacts Local SEO in Nashville
Amazon is building a new “Operations Center of Excellence,” in the Nashville Yards community. An estimated 5,000 jobs, with an average salary of $150,000 (a total of $750,000,000), are coming to Nashville. This is a lot of money as the average household income in the county is $47,110, according to CityLab.
The economic impact for Nashville is simple: more money in the hands of consumers, the more they can spend at local businesses. Keeping this in mind, if you are a local business owner, hiring a local SEO agency, such as No Sweat Web, is imperative so that you can realistically compete for those dollars.
As an example, as Nashville continues to be a hot-bed for hospitality, competition therein is skyrocketing. As stated above, welcoming Amazon to downtown Nashville is going to bring a massive increase of consumer spending.
The trickle-down effect is this: if you are not utilizing local SEO services in Nashville, you will lose to competing businesses that are.
Specifically, regarding the exploding restaurant scene in Nashville (discussed below), there will be fierce competition for consumer dollars. Not having local SEO in Nashville is your direct route to losing business.
Standing Out in a Crowd of Restaurants
Nashville has over 5,000 restaurants according to the Tennessean. Standing out can be a challenge.
Entrepreneur magazine gives several tips for offline marketing which can complement your local SEO strategy in Nashville:
- Seek free publicity from local newspapers and television stations that might want to interview you about your business, especially if there’s some kind of interesting story behind it.
- Purchase an ad in a high school or college newspaper. Also, approach a mainstream newspaper to buy any space they haven’t sold. They’ll probably give you a reduced fee.
- Let a local radio or television station give away some of your products for free on their show.
- Give your product to prominent people and local celebrities—after all, Nashville has plenty of them. If they like it, they might recommend it.
- Create coupons on your computer.
- Use direct mail.
- Team up with another local business to cross-promote (that is, promoting each other).
Standing out in the crowd is difficult and takes constant effort. By combining a strong local SEO strategy with offline marketing, you can grow your business.
Using Video Impacts Local SEO
Video both increases conversion rates and build links/shares.
YouTube specifically is the second largest search engine after Google. Video optimization on YouTube will benefit your overall SEO strategy.
Some local businesses have been utilizing video by making their own YouTube channels. For instance:
- The Grand Ole Opry and the Ryman use video to publish interviews with artists, announcements of upcoming shows, and recordings of songs.
- LifeWay, a Christian publishing company based in Nashville, uses YouTube videos to include speeches by Christian leaders and writers. They also have videos showing statistics about Christianity from surveys they’ve done.
- The Tennessean also often features videos with its articles. They also publish interviews, clips from political debates, and other pieces.
These businesses are utilizing local SEO best practices by publishing videos that they believe will provide value to their audience. Perhaps your business would benefit from producing video content. Just ask yourself what would help your target customers. While videos are more work than a blog post, they offer higher returns.
Local SEO Services in Nashville Produces Local Organic Traffic
One of the most important parts of local SEO is Google My Business – a free tool that helps you promote your business on Google. Hubspot recommends creating an account and using it to politely respond to reviews (both good and bad) from customers. These listings and reputation management strategies will only enhance our local SEO rankings.
If you have multiple locations, Google suggests creating separate pages for each location. If you have only one location, “create a locally descriptive About Us page. You’ll get big time bonus points if you add a Google Map to your website on your respective location page(s).”
A major, but somewhat unknown, factor in Local SEO ranking is creating content for locals and designing your website to be mobile-responsive. The reason for this is that the majority of people search with their smartphones. In fact, Google places more emphasis on Mobile search, as it is a better measure of a user’s (local) location.
Local SEO is a great tool to build your small business, but you need a course of action. Our keyword experts can help you grow your business and increase profits.